Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Glory in the Church

The Lord has been reforming me for years and it has been an interesting journey along the way.  I can look back over the years of my life and see the progress that His sanctifying work has had upon me.  There certainly have been times in my life that I have been disturbed by the lack of people who are zealous for the Lord Jesus Christ.  I have allowed my views horizontally to affect my emotions.  This week has been different for me.  I am currently sitting in a city of 29 million people, the second largest city in the world (next to Tokyo).  Yesterday we passed out some 800 gospel tracts in the market and had numerous conversations with different people.  The people seem to have little to no concern about spiritual matters, but yet they all say they believe in God and certainly in Jesus Christ.  However, the churches are empty and the markets are full.  I found myself grieved in spirit, but not because of the situation of the people, but because I do not feel that God is getting the glory that He deserves. 



We have a wonderful Savior and He is worthy to be praised.  "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen" (Eph. 3:20-21).  There are countless thousands in the background of the picture who have never heard the gospel.  Literally millions in the city who do not give God the glory that He deserves.  Oh, that God's people would pray for God to receive the glory that He deserves.  The task of reaching Mexico City by the efforts of man is impossible, but with God all things are possible.  Please pray that idolatry would be destroyed and Christ would be exalted. 

Today (August 1st, 2011) we will go door to door sharing the gospel.  Pray that God will direct us to the right doors where the Holy Spirit is working and that today someone in Mexico will be raised from the dead and will give God the glory that He deserves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment